The perfect summer dessert!
|Almond Peach Tartlets|| |
- ½ cup pecans, toasted*
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp GFC Flour for Baking
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, chilled & cubed
- 4 Tbsp cold water, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup GFC Flour for Baking
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp almond paste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- 2-3 fresh peaches (or canned), peeled** & sliced ¼” thick
- ¼ cup almond paste
- Place toasted nuts in food process and pulse until finely ground. Add flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon, pulsing to combine. Add butter and pulse until coarsely chopped. Scrape into a bowl and drizzle in cold water, using only just enough until dough comes together. Pat into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- Prepare the egg wash, whisking to combine. Set aside.
- For the streusel, combine all ingredients except the nuts, mixing with a pastry cutter (or your fingers) until pea-size crumbs form. Chill until needed.
- To assemble the tartlets, roll pastry out to just under ¼” thick and use a 4.5” circle cutter to cut out 12 shapes, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread about 1 Tbsp of the almond paste onto each pastry (leaving a ½” border), then layer 5-6 peach slices over top. Brush pastry edges with the egg wash and ruffle the edges, pinching to seal. Brush top edge with a bit more of the egg wash so a nice golden crust will develop. Top with some of the streusel and almond slices.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes to firm up the dough again (otherwise the edges will collapse), then bake at 425F for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
**To easily peel peaches, give them quick blanch in boiling water – bring a large pot water to a boil, cut a shallow X in the bottom of each peach. Place a few peaches at a time in the boiling water, until the skin starts to lift up where you cut the X, about 20-40 seconds. Immediately place the peaches in an ice water bath to cool completely (and quickly). Once cool enough to handle, peel off the skin starting at the X.