Forget the gluten free pizza crust you used to make. This one is gluten free AND low carb… and is the best one yet!
Melt cheeses together in microwave, stirring until smooth. Then mix with remaining ingredients.
Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment (I put a silicone mat underneath to keep it from moving all around as I rolled). Remove top parchment then roll edges in a bit to create a lip. Slide dough/parchment onto a preheated baking stone (for a crispier crust), or a pizza pan (for softer crust), and bake. Half way through cooking take a long wooden skewer and pop any bubbles that are forming.
After par-baking the crust, remove from oven and top with tomato sauce and your favorite toppings, then bake for another 5-8 minutes. Note: For an even crispier crust, use a baking stone!
|Pizza Crust (Low Carb)|| |
- 1 ½ cups (170g) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp (1.5oz) cream cheese
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine the cheeses together in a large microwavable-safe bowl, and cook on high for 30 seconds. Stir, cook for another 30 seconds- 1 minute or until melted and smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and stir well to combine. If the mixture is getting too stiff to combine, microwave to soften the cheeses for another 20 seconds.
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of greased parchment to desired size (or with wet hands you can spread out dough onto a parchment lined pizza pan).
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes, pop any bubbles that rise during cooking with toothpick.
- Add sauce and toppings, then bake for another 5-8 minutes, or until toppings are hot and cheese is lightly browned.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!