This low carb cracker is perfect with some cheese and crackers, or spreading on your favorite dip. The key to the crispiness of these savory crackers is to use a baking stone.
Once the dough is mixed together, shape into a disc, wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
After rolling out the dough between two pieces of parchment, cut into squares using a pizza cutter. Take care not to thin out the edges too much – as they will burn faster (like in picture).
Slide the parchment (don’t need to separate crackers) on top of a preheated baking stone and put in oven. Once they are cooled, they will easily snap apart.
|Pesto Crackers (Low Carb)|| |
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup ground chia seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup pesto
- While preparing dough, preheat a baking stone in oven at 400°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl. In another small bow, mix together remaining ingredients until combined, then stir into flour mixture.
- Stir until well mixed, using hands if necessary. Shape into disc, wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to ¼" thick (about 8"x12" rectangle).
- Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into 2" size crackers. Don't separate, just slide parchment onto the preheated baking stone and bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes. Once cool, they will easily snap apart.