This low carb cracker is perfect with some cheese and crackers, or spreading on your favorite dip. The key to the crispiness of these savory crackers is to use a baking stone.
Once the dough is mixed together, shape into a disc, wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
After rolling out the dough between two pieces of parchment, cut into squares using a pizza cutter. Take care not to thin out the edges too much – as they will burn faster (like in picture).
Slide the parchment (don’t need to separate crackers) on top of a preheated baking stone (or baking sheet) and put in oven. Once they are cooled, they will easily snap apart.
I wish I discovered Rolling Pin Bands long ago. But as you can tell from the pictures above it wasn’t until after I made this recipe – which is why all the edge pieces of these crackers are burnt! For less than $10, these bands (3/8″, 1/4″, 1/8″, & 1/16″) ensure every inch of your dough will not be wasted by your heavy-handed rolling pin technique 🙂
|Pesto Crackers (Low Carb)|| |
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup ground chia seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup pesto
- While preparing dough, preheat a baking stone in oven at 400°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl. In another small bow, mix together remaining ingredients until combined, then stir into flour mixture.
- Stir until well mixed, using hands if necessary. Shape into disc, wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to ¼" thick (about 8"x12" rectangle).
- Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into 2" size crackers. Don't separate, just slide parchment onto the preheated baking stone and bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes. Once cool, they will easily snap apart.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!