Here is a unique alternative to a bread-style pizza crust. Our Veggie Crust Pizza uses finely minced cauliflower, eggs and cheese to create this crust that can also be used for appy’s in place of sliced baguettes.
|Veggie Crust Pizza|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Use this for pizza, as well in place for sliced baguettes for appy's like brushcetta or tempanade.
- 1 small head cauliflower, about 4 cups florets
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use a food processor and chop the raw cauliflower until its finely chopped, about rice-sized.
- In a bowl combine cauliflower, eggs, garlic, herbs and cheese, mix well.
- Divide mixture into two and form 2 - ⅓” thick, 9” pizza crusts (mixture won’t hold together, but that’s ok) onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Add pizza toppings and bake or broil until toppings are heated throughout