Salsa, re-fried beans, and cream cheese are just a few of the ingredients in this unique pizza with a South of the border flavor
A nice change from your average pizza.
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup GF cornmeal fine grind
- 2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 3 Tbsp dry milk powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup low fat vegetarian re-fried beans
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- 2, 8 oz pkgs GF cream cheese
- 2, 16 oz jars of GF salsa extra liquid drained off
- 8 oz Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese shredded
- Combine yeast, corn meal, rice flour, cornstarch, potato starch, milk, chili powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Mix well with a fork.
- Combine beans, honey, oil, eggs, vinegar and water. Add to dry ingredients and beat for 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- Lightly oil a 14-inch deep dish pizza pan.
- Scoop dough into pan. Oil a sheet of plastic wrap and lay it, oiled side down, over dough. Press dough evenly into pan and all the way up the side of the pan.
- Spread bottom of dough with cream cheese. Cover with salsa and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 475°F for 25-30 minutes or until edges of crust are deep brown and cheese is bubbling. Cool slightly before cutting. Serves 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!