Every culture has a meat pie dish – Shepard’s Pie, Tourtiere, and here is the Mexican version (and my personal favorite). The picture does not do this dish justice…trust me, try it!!
|Tamale Pie|| |
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ¾ lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 lg (approx 19oz/549mL) can stewed diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup GF sour cream
- 1 cup GF cornmeal, fine grind
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 cup Monteray Jack cheese, grated
- Sauté onions and cook beef until done. Add remaining ingredients (except cheese) and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Put into 9x9 pan, top with cheese and bake 15 minutes at 350°F until cheese is golden.