This no-bake chocolate tart filling is fantastic with a shortbread-style crust. And with our easy substitutions, you can make this just as delicious dairy free!
Using pre-made gluten free shortbread cookies makes the crust quick to put together. Or you can make your own using our recipe link below.
Once the crust ingredients are combined, spread into a 9″ spring form pan then chill. After 30 minutes, bake for 10 minutes to firm up the crust (place on a baking sheet to catch any butter than seeps out of the pan). Allow the crust to cool completely before adding filling.
*If you want to have a softer crust don’t bake the crust. Instead add in just enough of the butter mixture until the crumbs are well moistened, then press into the pan and chill. Be sure not to add to much of the butter mixture of the crust will be too mushy.
Fold the chocolate mixture into the whipping cream. My chocolate mixture cooled off a little too much so it wouldn’t ‘fold’ in very easily. But after briskly mixing for a minute it all blended in smoothly-don’t worry, you won’t deflate it very much. Pour onto crust and allow at least 2 hours in the fridge for the filling to set.
|Double Chocolate Tart|| |
- 200g GF shortbread cookies (about 1 cup crushed)
- 7 Tbsp butter (100g)
- 1 Tbsp corn or golden syrup
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 200ml (3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp) heavy cream
- Finely crush cookies in a food processor.
- Melt together butter and syrup over low heat, then pour into processor, pulsing to combine.
- Press mixture into 9" spring form pan and chill 20 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. *If you want to have a softer crust don't bake the crust. Instead add in just enough of the butter mixture until the crumbs are well moistened, then press into the pan and chill. Be sure not to add to much of the butter mixture of the crust will be too mushy.
- For the filling, melt together the chocolate until smooth. Stir in vanilla and sugar until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat whip cream until soft peaks form, then fold/stir into chocolate mixture. Pour onto crust and chill for 2 hours to set.
100g = ½ cup chocolate chips