This jam is amazing!
|Sour Cherry Jam|| |
- 4 pounds of pitted and mashed sour cherries
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 packet liquid pectin or half a box of pectin crystals
- Combine fruit and sugar in a heavy, non-reactive pot. Bring to a boil and let bubble for a good twenty minutes, occasionally skimming the foam from the surface of the fruit as it develops.
- Add the pectin and boil for another five minutes.You want to cook it until it looks like boiling sugar – thick and viscous.
- Then fill your jars, wipe rims, apply the lids and rings and process in the hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars from water and let cool. When the jars are cool (I typically wait until overnight), remove the rings and test the seal by picking the jar up by the lid. If it stays put, your jars are good to store.