Coconut and red curry paste add an exotic flavor, creating a BBQ sauce bursting with tastes from far away.
|Indonesian BBQ Sauce|| |
Author: Angie Halten
The coconut makes this a sweet sauce.
- ½ cup coconut, fresh or desiccated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 140 ml milk or milk alternative
- ½ tsp GF red curry paste (or chili powder)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor, purée until smooth.
- Pour mixture into sauce pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate until needed.