Crackled chocolate mounds dusted with powdered sugar.
Snow on the Mountain Cookies
- 4 oz dark chocolate melted & cooled
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Mix together almonds, cocoa and baking powder and melted chocolate. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy . Then beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture and refrigerate until firm enough to roll into small balls.
- In two small bowls add the white and icing sugar to each bowl. Shape cookie dough into 1” balls, then roll first in white sugar, then in the icing sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F 12 to 14 minutes, until top of cookies crack. Cool on baking sheet.