|Sesame & Ginger Glazed Salmon with Quinoa|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Veggies & Quinoa
- ½ Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 cup quinoa (red & white mix for color!), rinsed
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 baby bok choy (or handful baby spinach or kale), finely chopped (12oz)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ cups water
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1” slice of ginger
- 4 (6oz) salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- For the quinoa, heat oil over medium heat in a sauce pan with ginger, stirring until fragrant. Add (uncooked) quinoa and stir until lightly toasted, about a minute. Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in the baby bok choy and green onions, cover and set aside to allow to wilt.
- While the quinoa is cooking poach the salmon – in a large skillet, bring the water, red pepper flakes and ginger to a boil. Add salmon, cover and poach for 5 minutes or until cooked throughout (add ¼ cup more water if needed, do not let evaporate completely). Transfer salmon to a plate, and finish making the glaze using the remaining poaching liquid.
- For the glaze, add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and stir until combined and slightly reduced.
- To serve, place the salmon on a bed of the quinoa mixture and drizzle with the glaze.