Light, yet satisfying dinner…
|Salmon with Lemon, Spinach & Quinoa Sauté|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup GF veggie broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cubed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach and kale blend 142g
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon
- In a sauce pan combine all the quinoa ingredients, except the parsley and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, simmering for 15 minutes until quinoa is tender and water is evaporated. Remove from heat, stir in parsley and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sprinkle salmon with a bit of salt and pepper and sauté in oil, flipping, until fully cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To skillet add leeks and a bit more oil if needed, sautéing until tender. Add remaining ingredients and stir until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in quinoa, tossing gently to incorporate.
- To serve, divide into bowls, then top with salmon cubes.