Stuffed foods are great to serve at a dinner party, since they usually can be prepared in advance, giving you more time to visit with gets then being trapped in the kitchen.
These Basil & Scallop Stuffed Peppers are perfect for your next party, and the best part is that they look positively gourmet – not to mention mouth-watering!
Basil & Scallop Stuffed Peppers
- 4 squat peppers cored and halved vertically through stems
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp GF pesto
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves optional
*if using small Bay scallops, count about 6 per pepper half. If using the large Sea scallops, count 1 per pepper half
- Place pepper halves into a large baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, and garlic. Roast peppers at 400°F for 40 minutes, or until softened to your likeness.
- Remove from oven and add scallops to each pepper (if using large scallops, cut in half and put the 2 flat discs into each pepper). Spread some pesto over top of the scallops, then continue baking for 10 minutes or until the scallops are just cooked (overcooking will make them rubbery).
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, and serve.