Prepare the Romesco Sauce, and set aside.
Pan fry the scallops in a bit of oil or butter, and lightly season with pepper. Salt can quicken toughen tender scallops, so season with the salt after they are cooked. Scallops don’t take very long to cook, and they can go from tender to rubbery very quickly.
|Seared Scallops on Sweet Potato Chips|| |
- 20 Veggie Chips (like Terra brand Sweets & Beets)
- Romesco Sauce - ½ recipe
- 20 med-large raw scallops
- 1 Tbsp butter, margarine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Wash and pat dry the scallops and season with a bit of pepper (salt can quicken toughen tender scallops, so season with salt after they are cooked).
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Place scallops in hot pan and sear on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side depending on thickness. You want them to still have a moist texture, so test one to make sure you don’t over cook them.
- You may need to cook them in 2 batches in you have a lot of scallops, if you over-crowd them too much of their moisture will released and they will steam rather than sear.
- To serve, place the chips on a platter and top each with a hot scallop. Add a small dollop of Romesco sauce to each. Can also be served at room temperature.