The sweetness of the white chocolate filling is balanced perfectly with the tartness of the pomegranate seeds. Here is another example of how a few simple ingredients can create a delicious and beautiful dessert.
|Pomegranate & White Chocolate Tart|| |
- 1⅔ cups GF graham crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ⅔ cup 35% cream
- 6 oz GF white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1-2 pomegranates, seeded
- Mix together crust ingredients and press into a 9" tart pan (up the sides as well). Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For the filling, place chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream until just before it boils, then pour over chocolate. Let sit (without stirring) for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Add butter and whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest over the baked crust, then pour the filling over top. Chill at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, top with pomegranate seeds over the entire surface (you can use as much or as little as you like).