Mocha Crème Brule in a Slow Cooker
- Serves 2
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp espresso powder optional
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp chopped dark chocolate
- Heat the cream, sugar and espresso until hot in a saucepan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the yolks until smooth. Slowly pour in the hot cream mixture (very slowly or eggs will cook and curdle), about 2 Tbsp at a time until everything has been added. Whisk in the espresso powder if desired.
- In two ramekin dishes divide up the chocolate, then pour over the cream mixture.
- Place into slow cooker and pour in boiling water to half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until custard is set around edges but still soft in center. Remove and cool to room temperature.
- If not eating right away, place plastic wrap on surface of custards and chill.
- Sprinkle a few teaspoons of raw or Demerara sugar on top of custard and place under broiler or torch until melted. Serve immediately.