A super tasty dairy free dressing that is perfect on a spinach salad. Freezing the onion first mellows the flavors, as well it helps the onion to completely liquefy in the dressing.
Onion Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 white onion frozen & thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar or less to taste (or about 1/2 tsp stevia)
- 6 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup oil of your choice
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Chop thawed onion and place in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients (add a bit of sugar at a time, then taste), except oil and poppy seeds, and process until smooth.
- With the machine running, slowly add the oil. The slower the better (this will prevent the dressing from separating when it sits in your fridge).
- Pour into a sealable jar and stir in the poppy seeds. Store in fridge, and use within 4 days.