Brownies are pretty easy to make, my husband can even do it!
But with just a little extra effort, you can turn a boring brownie into a 3 layer dessert sensation.
Filled with a rich and creamy coffee flavored filling, then topped with sweet chocolate, this will satisfy your sweet tooth and coffee craving all in one bite!
|Mocha Brownie Squares|| |
- 2½ cups icing sugar
- 2 cups ground almonds (about 200gr)
- ⅔ cups cocoa
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 Tbsp cream or milk alternative
- 3 tsp instant coffee granules (I prefer instant espresso)
- 6 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 cups GF semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup cream or milk alternative
- Brownie: Mix together sugar, almonds, cocoa and salt. In another bowl whisk together egg whites and vanilla. Pour eggs into dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread into a greased 9" square pan (or 8" if you want thicker brownies). Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool.
- For filling: Combine cream and coffee granules, stirring until dissolved. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth then add coffee mixture. Once smooth and creamy, spread over brownie layer. Chill while preparing glaze.
- For glaze: Melt together chocolate and cream. Stir until smooth, cool slightly, then spread over filling. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until glaze is set, then cut into squares. Keep refrigerated.