Ok, so it’s not 7 layers, but it’s hard to stop adding more layers of all your favorites. Customize this dip however you like, this is just a yummy starting point!
Once you have all your layers chopped, shredded, and ready to go, start layering everything in a clear dish: try a pie plate, baking dish – even small wide mouth mason jars to create individual dips.
Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- 1 can 16oz GF refried pinto or black beans (or less depending on size of bowl used)
- 1/2 cup GF sour cream
- 1 to mato diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp GF green hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 2 Tbsp green onions minced
Other Toppings Ideas
- Shredded lettuce
- Salsa as its own layer or mixed with refried beans
- Use Greek yogurt or soft tofu instead of sour cream
- Mix refried beans with 4 oz GF cream cheese
- Spread refried beans into bottom of serving bowl, about 1/2" thick.
- Spread sour cream over beans, followed by tomatoes.
- In a small bowl combine avocado, lime juice, hot sauce and salt. Toss gently to combine then add over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese, and then the bacon and green onions.