This soup is simple to throw together, yet is bursting with amazing full flavors. Coconut milk makes this soup entirely dairy free, while the white kidney beans add a thick and creamy texture.
Saute the onions a bit to give them added flavor. Once you add in the curry paste, allow mixture to cook for another minute while stirring constantly. This allows the aromatic oils in the curry paste to bloom, releasing even more flavor to your soup.
Run the mixture through a food processor or an immersion blender until smooth. Add coconut milk and fish sauce, and bring back to a simmer.
Coconut-Lime & Bean Soup
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp GF Thai green curry paste
- 2 cups cannellini white kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ cups GF chicken stock
- 2 large basil leaves
- 1 lime juiced & zested
- 1 Thai red chili
- 1 ¾ cups coconut milk light or full fat
- 2 tsp GF fish sauce
- Chopped peanuts or roasted chickpeas
- In a large pot, heat oil and cook onions for a few minutes until soft. Add curry paste and continue to cook for another minute.
- Add beans, stock, basil, chili pepper, lime juice and zest. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove basil and chili pepper, then run soup through a food processor or immersion blender until smooth. Return to pot and add coconut milk and fish sauce, bring back to a simmer.