Don’t have any gluten free graham crumbs to make a pie crust? Then make your own with some gluten free corn cereal!
|Graham Cracker-Style Pie Crust|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Corn based pie crust recipe similar to graham crusts.
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1¼ cups crushed GF corn flakes
- Use a food processor to crush corn flakes into a fine meal.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients, mixing together with a fork until butter fully coats the flakes.
- Evenly and firmly press crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes to set the crust. Allow to cool, and fill as required by other recipe (or freeze for later use).
Substitute the corn flakes with any other of your favorite gluten free cereal (like Rice Chex).