Graham Cracker-Style Pie Crust (Corn Flake Blend)
Don’t have any gluten free graham crumbs to make a pie crust? Then make your own with some gluten free corn cereal!
Graham Cracker-Style Pie Crust
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1 1/4 cups crushed GF corn flakes
- Use a food processor to crush corn flakes into a fine meal.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients, mixing together with a fork until butter fully coats the flakes.
- Evenly and firmly press crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes to set the crust. Allow to cool, and fill as required by other recipe (or freeze for later use).
Should I bake before I freeze them? Or,freeze and then bake when ready to use? Thank you. This is a great idea.
I use GF Rice Chex , cinnamon.flavor. Really good. Lois
Thanks for everything,
Have a wonderful day.
No corn here. It is usually GMO. I usually skip crusts, ice cream cones. Why waste the calories?
I think I’ll try this with one of the flavored Chex, it has sugar it.
Yes bake it first to allow the crust to initially set.
Thanks….be a lot cheaper
I just came across a GF cereal by Enjoy Life Natural Brands called Enjoy Life Crunchy Flax Original, and it is really good. You could use this by itself, or mix it with Rice Chex.
Can i use the GRAHAM CRACKER-STYLE CRUMBS (GRAIN FREE) recipe that is above for any pie recipe asking for a graham cracker crust ??? and also for the above recipe (graham cracker pie crust) in place of the crushed corn flakes? Thank you for YOU and for your help in this question….I have really enjoyed your website!!! AWESOME is all I can say…God Bless YOU
Yes definitely use the (grain-free) recipe whenever graham crumbs are called for, they are the closest in taste and texture to the real thing you can find (and least in my opinion 🙂 !
I use half plain toasted oats, half honey nut toasted oats and butter. Find the gluten free oats at Aldi’s. Will try your recipes also.