If you can’t find gluten-free graham crumbs, make your own! Using gluten free flours, this version creates more of a cookie crust flavor and texture.
Combine all ingredients, loosely spread into a baking pan, and bake for 10 minutes.
Stir, breaking up any chunks, and bake for another 10 minutes.
After baking, allow to cool and store in a sealed container in the freezer. If desired run through a food processor to create finer crumbs.
|Graham Cracker-Style Crumbs|| |
- 1 cup of sweet rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ground nuts (pecans or almonds)
- Mix together all ingredients, and loosely, but evenly spread crumbs into a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes until crumbs start to get golden in color.
- Stir well, then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then store in the fridge or freezer until needed.
- To make a pie crust; combine 2 cups of crumbs with ⅓ cup melted butter or margarine, and press into (and up sides) of pie pan. Chill for at least one hour before filling.