Filled with the fragrant spices found in gingerbread, these Gingerbread Pancakes are a unique and delicious treat any time of the year.
Have all your ingredients at room temperature, this helps to create a smooth batter. To quickly warm the egg up, just place in a dish with some hot water from the tap (not boiling). It should take less than 5 minutes for it to get the chill off from the fridge.
Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into a med-high heated greased skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes per side – due to the high sugar content (from the molasses), the pancakes can easily burn so watch the temperature while they are cooking.
|Gingerbread Pancakes|| |
- 1 cup GFC Cup4Cup Style Flour Blend or other GF flour blend of your choice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 eggs (or ⅔ cup applesauce)
- ½ cup oil (or coconut oil, melted)
- ⅓ cup agave
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ⅔ cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. In another bowl combine remaining wet ingredients.
- Add wet mixture into dry, and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour ½ cup of batter into a med-high greased skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes per side - due to the high sugar content (from the molasses), the pancakes can easily burn so watch the temperature while they are cooking.