Eat these immediately or keep them in the oven until your guests arrive.
|Deep Fried Mushrooms|| |
- 20 fresh button mushrooms
- oil for cooking
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk or water
- ½ large banana
- ¼ cup GF flour mix
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- In a blender, purée the banana with the egg and milk.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Then pour in the wet mixture, and still until combined.
- Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid to 375°F or 190°C.
- Using a fork or wooden skewer, dip the mushrooms individually in the batter to coat them and lower them gently into the oil. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper briefly before serving.