A great snack to take with you on the go that is crunchy, hearty and filling. I take some with me when shopping which helps me to avoid eating at the mall food courts.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tsp GF vanilla or almond flavoring
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups rice flakes
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flakes
- 3/4 cup sweetened medium coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup raisins
- In a saucepan combine the honey, sunflower oil, vanilla or almond flavoring and a dash of salt and bring to a boil. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile in large bowl add your choice of the remaining ingredients (except the cranberries and raisins) to equal about 5 cups.
- Mix until thoroughly blended, put into a 13"x9" baking pan, and the pour cooled honey and oil mixture over. Stir to coat mix. Bake at 300°F for 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and then add the cranberries and raisins.