If you’re looking for a quick treat for yourself or for gift giving, this is it! It’s as quick as melting chocolate and adding some dried fruits and nuts, then spreading into a pan to set. Easy and delicious.
|Cranberry & Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Bark|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
If you're looking for a quick treat for yourself or for gift giving, this is it! It's as quick as melting chocolate and adding some dried fruits and nuts, then spreading into a pan to set. Easy and delicious.
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped, divided
- ½ cup hazelnuts, divided
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
- Using parchment paper or foil, line a 9x13 baking pan*.
- Toast whole hazelnuts on a baking pan and bake at 375°F until the skins are mostly split and the nuts are light golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Wrap up in a clean dish towel and let sit for 10 minutes. Vigorously rub the nuts together though the towel to break the skins off (for a better method to completely remove the skins, see How to Peel Hazelnuts). Pour the nuts into a sieve to shake off any loose skins. Set aside to cool then coarsely chop.
- Melt chocolate until smooth then stir in half the cranberries and nuts, and the almond extract. Gently stir until combined then pour into pan and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining cranberries and nuts, and the salt.
- Allow to set at room temperature, about 1 hour, then break into pieces.
*Silicon pans/molds are the best, since you don’t have to line them with anything. The chocolate will easily pop out once set.