Make sure to use good quality dark chocolate.
Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 1/2 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup GF flour mix
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup mixed nuts: almonds hazelnuts and cashews, chopped
- Melt together the butter, sugar and chocolate. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Mix well, then stir in the chocolate mixture until smooth. Add the eggs and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 cake pan and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, or until done.