Chili is one of those dishes that tastes great as a side or as a main dish. This recipe cooks up in no time so it’s perfect when you are pressed for time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 celery chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 8 oz can GF crushed tomatoes
- 4 oz can GF tomato paste
- 16 oz can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp parsley
- Salt to taste
- Add some oil to a skillet and set to medium high. Add the onions, celery and green pepper, and cook for a minute.
- Add the beef and sauté the two together, breaking meat apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks. After it is browned, pour off the extra oil.
- Lower the skillet to the lowest setting and add the remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for about fifty minutes.