Simmering the meat in beer adds a wonderful deep flavor.
|Beer-Braised Beef|| |
- 2 lbs brisket or chuck roast, cut into 1-2" cubes
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thickly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 bottles GF beer
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp thyme
- Toss beef in cornstarch seasoned with salt and pepper, until coated. Heat oil in a dutch oven, then sear beef on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- To pot add onions and garlic (and a bit more oil if needed), and sauté for 3 minutes. Add 1 bottle of beer, scraping up any brown bits on bottom of pot with wooden spoon. Add herbs, bring to a boil, then add meat. If needed, add more beer until liquid level is just below the top of meat.
- Remove from stove and continue baking in oven at 350°F for 60 minutes, or until meat is fork-tender.
[hr]FAQ: Where Do You Find Gluten Free Beer?