With wonderful flavors and textures, these crunchy coated bean cakes are delicious with this tangy lime dip.
Combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Careful not to over process it, you don’t want to puree the mixture.
Dredge both sides of the formed cakes in cornmeal, this will create a great crunchy crust. Allow to chill in fridge for 30 minutes to firm them up before frying, so they will not break apart.
Combine all the sauce ingredients together and stir until smooth. The longer the sauce sits, the more flavorful it will be.
|Jalapeño Bean Cakes with Zesty Lime Sauce|| || |
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp canned green chilies, minced (or 1-2 tsp fresh jalapeño)
- 19oz white kidney (cannellini) beans, drained & rinsed
- ¾ cup GF bread crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup GF cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp GF Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp canned green chilies, minced (or ½ tsp fresh jalapeño)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- ⅓ cup GF mayonnaise
- For the bean cakes, combine all but the cornmeal and oil into a food processor. Pulse until combined - but not pureed, you still want a bit of texture.
- Shape into 8 2” cakes and dredge both sides in cornmeal. Chill in fridge for 15 minute to firm them up before frying.
- Fry over med-high in oil for 4 minutes covered. Flip then fry another 4-6 minutes.
- For sauce, combine all ingredients together stirring until smooth.