Quick, simple, and bursting with fresh flavors!
Toss the tomato mixture together and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
If you don’t have a spiralizer,you can use a vegetable peeler to create long thin ribbons. One the zucchini is cut, toss with tomato mixture and serve immediately – the longer the zucchini sits in with the tomatoes the more it will start to leach out its water and dilute the dressing.
|Tomato & Zucchini Zoodle Salad|| |
- 4 - 8” zucchini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, slices
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can always cut the zucchini into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinated tomatoes into a bowl and toss together. If you want a less chunky ‘sauce’ pulse in a food processor once or twice. Set aside and allow the flavors to blend.
- Spiralize the zucchini and gently toss with the oil.
- To serve divide up the zoodles, top with the tomato mixture and some grated cheese.