Need a drink to quench your thirst, but want something a little more exciting than water?
This non-alcoholic lime and mint drink might seem like it would taste like a mojito, but by adding this vegetable it adds a whole new layer to the taste, of what I can only describe as ‘freshness’.
Try for yourself how refreshing this drink really is on a hot sunny day…
Sparkling Cucumber Limeade
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lime juice about 5 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced & halved
- 2-3 cups club soda
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, zest, and water. Bring to a simmer, stirring often until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add mint. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher, then add cucumber and lime juice and chill until cold.
- To serve, add club soda and a few mint springs to the pitcher, then pour into a tall glass filled with ice.