Beef, tortilla chips, peppers, beans, corn, and more – everything tossed in together, like a shipwreck!
|Shipwreck Beef Casserole|| |
Author: Angie Halten
Beef, tortilla chips, peppers, beans, corn, and more - everything tossed in together, like a shipwreck!
MEAT SAUCE MIXTURE
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup GF beef broth
- 1 cup milk or water
- 10 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 8 oz can white or black beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bag GF tortilla corn chips
- In a skillet brown the ground beef. Set aside.
- In skillet melt the butter and sauté garlic and onion until soft. Then add the chili powder and cornstarch, mix well.
- Add beef broth and milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. If too thick, add more broth. Add tomatoes and beef. Cook down until no longer juicy.
- In a separate bowl combine the vegetable mixture ingredients.
- Spread out half the bag of tortilla chips in a 9x13 greased casserole dish. Place half of the meat mixture on the chips, then layer with half of the shredded cheese, and half of the vegetable mixture. Do this all over again in the same order starting with the other half of the bag of tortillas.
- Bake at 350°F until cheese is bubbly and hot. Serve with GF sour cream and salsa, if desired.