What makes pumpkin pie so delicious? It’s that wonderful blend of spices.
Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg are the four main spices in a pumpkin spice blend.
Adding those and some pumpkin purée to your waffle batter, transforms plain boring waffles into a feast for the senses.
Perfect for the upcoming Thanksgiving season, try these Pumpkin Spiced Waffles for your next lazy Sunday brunch.
|Pumpkin Spiced Waffles|| |
- 1½ cups rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 cups milk or milk alternative
- 4 eggs, separated
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl, and purée, oil, milk and egg yolks in another. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk together dry and wet mixture, stirring until just combined, then fold in egg whites.
- Pour into a hot greased waffle iron, then sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar before closing lid.
- Top with pumpkin spiced whipping cream if desired.