This tangy dressing is perfect with the rich buttery flavor of the squash. The best part about acorn squash is that its skin is edible so there is no need to peel it!
Slice the squash in half, then into one inch pieces. Toss together with the spices and some oil, and roast in oven until tender and lightly golden.
For the dressing, whisk everything together until smooth. Thin it out a bit with some water, just enough until you get the consistency you like.
|Lemon-Tahini Roasted Squash|| |
- 1 acorn squash, halved & seeded
- ½ tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Cut squash into 1” thick slices and place in a bowl. Toss with the cumin and oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Spread out into an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes or until tender. Place under broiler for last few minutes to brown tops.
- For sauce, combine all ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a bit of water if necessary to loosen until you get the consistency you desire, then drizzle over baked squash to serve.
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club