The best things about this sauce are that it is so quick to make, and tastes totally amazing!! Forgot those powder packets of hollandaise (even if you can find a gluten free brand), one taste and you’ll be hooked – there is no equal to using fresh ingredients.
Bring the butter to a roiling boil – but don’t let it cook long enough to start turning brown. Add remaining ingredients to the blender and pulse until smooth. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the hot butter until the sauce is formed, about 3-4 minutes. The egg yolks take time to absorb the fat, so if you are pouring too much butter in at once the butter won’t be able to emulsify completely and you’ll end up with a greasy sauce that separates.
Slow and steady is the way to get the perfect sauce!
|No-Cook Hollandaise Sauce|| |
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or more to taste)
- Bring the butter to a rolling boil in a sauce pan, but do not let it brown.
- Place remaining ingredients into blender and pulse to until yolks are smooth.
- With machine running, slowly drizzle (a few drops at first) in the melted butter. Continue to add butter in very slowly - too fast and it won't get emulsified.
- Season to taste with more lemon juice if desired.