This drink combines traditional Vietnamese (Iced) Coffee and a frothy espresso frappe.
You can prepare this drink two ways: freeze the brewed coffee in a baking dish, then scrape with a fork. Scoop shavings into a glass and drizzle with some sweetened condensed milk to taste. Or freeze the coffee in an ice cube tray. Then toss them into a blender to puree, adding the condensed milk to taste.
For a dairy free version, use canned coconut milk and add more sugar as desired.
Frozen Vietnamese Coffee (Frappe)
- 4 cups hot brewed dark roast coffee
- 1 Tbsp sugar optional
- 4 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk or more/less to taste
- Stir together the coffee and sugar until dissolved then pour into a large baking dish and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Use a fork to scrape the surface of the frozen coffee into shavings and divide into cups. Or, freeze the coffee in ice cube trays or muffin tins, then use a food processor to grind the coffee into a slush.
- Drizzle over sweetened condensed milk to taste, stir.