Chocolate, cola & marshmallows in a cake – every kids dream!
|Cocoa-Cola Cake|| |
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups GF flour mix
- 1½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 cup cola (not diet)
- 1½ cup miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup buttermilk or milk alternative (+1½ tsp vinegar)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine together the sugar, flour, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix together the oil, butter, cocoa, and cola. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the sugar mixture, and beat until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows, buttermilk, baking soda, eggs, and vanilla, and blend well.
- Pour the batter into the greased large rectangular pan, and bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until done.