A light creamy sauce filled with a light coconut flavor, and a salty bacon crunch.
- 8 oz GF bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup peas optional
- 1 cup shallots diced (or onions)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (or can use 4 cloves baked garlic)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 13 oz canned full fat coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- Cook your favorite GF pasta in salted water until al dente (reserve 1/2 cup pasta water).
- Boil peas until heated throughout, drain and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp, set aside to drain on paper towel.
- Sauté shallots and garlic in oil until just starts to turn golden and caramelize. Add in remaining ingredients, stirring until smooth. If the coconut milk you used is extremely thick, use some of the reserved pasta water to thin it out to your desired consistency.
- Add pasta, peas and bacon, stirring until fully coated.