So elegant, yet so simple to make. The shortening keeps the chocolate just a bit soft, so when you bite into it, the whole chocolate coating doesn’t break off into pieces.
|Chocolate-Covered Strawberries|| |
- 18 oz GF semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp GF vegetable shortening
- 36 strawberries, room temperature
- Garnish (optional):
- 4 oz GF white chocolate
- Wash and completely dry strawberries.
- Melt and temper (optional) chocolate with shortening and stir until smooth.
- Hold strawberry gently by the stem (or use a toothpick), and dip into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Lay onto a lined baking sheet, or if using a toothpick place it stuck upside down into a piece of Styrofoam (then you won't get a flat edge).
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, just until chocolate is set, then remove.
- If desired, melt white chocolate, place in a piping bag (or plastic baggie with tip snipped off), and drizzle across berries. Refrigerate for 5 minutes until set.
- Best if made and served in the same day, and stored at room temperature (if refrigerated, condensation will form on the berries/chocolate).