A classic plain cheesecake, ready to be topped with whatever you like!
New York Style Cheesecake
- 4 cups GF corn flake cereal
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine softened
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 pkgs GF cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups GF sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 5 eggs
- For the crust: Thoroughly mix all ingredients and press into a springform pan. Bake at 350°F for for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- For the filling, beat together butter and sugar. Then add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Mix in sour cream, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour over crust and bake at 375°F for 1-1.5 hours, until center is still a bit jiggly. Then turn off the oven and let stay in oven for another hour.
- Refrigerate until cold, then remove sides and serve.