Use as much cheese as you like.
Chive & Cheese Omelet
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz Gouda cheese
- 1 oz butter or olive oil
- Chives - a few cut fine with scissors.
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Beat the eggs and stir in the chives, salt and pepper.
- Cut the cheese into very thin slices or use grated cheese.
- Heat the butter or olive oil in an oven proof frying pan and when hot pour in eggs. Immediately place the cheese over the omelets.
- As soon as the omelet is almost cooked beneath place the frying pan under the broiler until the cheese melts. Flip the sides of the omelets to the center and serve immediately.