Banana bread is delicious on its own – but even better when made into french toast and drizzled with maple syrup.
|Banana Bread French Toast|| |
Author: Angie Halten
Banana bread is delicious on its own - but even better when made into french toast.
- ½ cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped or ground
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk or milk alternative
- ½ tsp vanilla
- To prepare banana bread: in a large bowl, cream butter with sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla and bananas.
- In another bowl, stir and mix together flour and baking powder.
- Combine and beat with banana mixture until dry ingredients are moist. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 325°F for one hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick comes clean out of center. Allow to cool, and slice into 14 pieces.
- To prepare the french toast: whisk together ingredients into a round casserole dish. Dip banana bread slices in, coating each side, then place into a greased hot skillet. Fry on both sides until done.