Buttery crunchy cookies filled with amazing flavors and textures.
After dough has been chilled for 30 minutes (this allows the flours time to absorb the moisture preventing a gritty texture), shape into teaspoon or tablespoon size balls. The cookies will spread, so if using a tablespoon cookie scoop like below only place 8 cookies on each sheet.
|Toasted Toffee-Chip Cookies|| |
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2⅓ cups GFC Baking Flour Blend
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup macadamia nuts, toasted & chopped
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup GF white chocolate chips
- ½ cup GF toffee bits
- Beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- In another bowl combine flour, gum and salt until well blended.
- Place nuts in a dry skillet and shake over medium-high heat until lightly toasted. Coarsely chop and set aside. Repeat toasting with coconut. Let cool completely.
- Add flour mixture into butter mixture and stir until well blended. Fold in nuts, coconut and remaining ingredients. Cover and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll into tablespoon size balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Cookies will spread as they bake, so only place 8 cookies/sheet. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are golden. Allow to cool 5 minutes on pan before transferring to wire rack.