This is a very delicate and yet flavorful soup, and is very healthy.
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 carrots sliced
- 1 potato peeled & diced
- 6 cups GF chicken stock
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp cold water
- In a large stock pot, sauté the onions and garlic in the butter until light golden. Then pour in the chicken stock and add the potatoes, carrots.
- Stir in the marjoram, thyme, parsley and salt and pepper to taste, and reduce heat to low and let simmer until carrots are to desired tenderness.
- Mix cornstarch with water in a small dish. Add to pot and stir until thickened. Then pour hot soup in blender/food processor and purée until smooth.