They’ll never guess that there are veggies in this cake!
|Zucchini Chocolate Cake|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
They'll never guess that there are veggies in this cake!
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup puréed zucchini, about 3 small zucchini (or applesauce if you prefer a sweeter cake)
- 1½ cup GF flour mix
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla and zucchini, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Slowly add into wet mixture until all combined.
- Pour into greased 8x8 pan or muffin tin, and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.