Peppadews are a small (cherry tomato-sized) mild piquanté pepper, with a mild and slightly sweet flavor. You can find them pickled in jars, or in the olive bars or deli counters at your grocery store.
Quinoa-Stuffed Mushrooms with Peppadews
- 1/4 cup white quinoa
- 30 Cremini mushrooms about 2" across
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- 1/4 cup GF panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp pickled Peppadews finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Boil quinoa in 2 cups of salted water for 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain, set aside and allow to cool.
- Remove mushroom stems (reserve for stuffing), brush with oil and place in a baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop mushroom stems and sauté with onions, garlic, and thyme in butter, until onions are soft and just starting to brown. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine quinoa, onion mixture, and remaining ingredients, stirring until combined. Season with salt and pepper, then stuff pre-baked mushroom caps.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, until filling is hot.