Thick, rich and the chocolatiest hot chocolate you’ve ever tasted. A truly decadent experience!
|Mexican Hot Chocolate|| |
- 3 cups low fat evaporated milk or milk alternatives*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- ¾ cup GF semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients (start with 2½ cups evaporated milk) stirring until melted.
- Continue warming (do not let boil), until mixture thickens and all ingredients have completely dissolved (dip a spoon into the saucepan and let mixture drip off - any undissolved ingredients will show on the spoon). Stir often. If too thick, add more milk until you get the consistency you want.
*you can substitute milk alternatives, but your hot chocolate won't be as thick