Thick, rich and the chocolatiest hot chocolate you’ve ever tasted. A truly decadent experience!
Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups low fat evaporated milk or milk alternatives*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup GF semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients (start with 2 1/2 cups evaporated milk) stirring until melted.
- Continue warming (do not let boil), until mixture thickens and all ingredients have completely dissolved (dip a spoon into the saucepan and let mixture drip off - any undissolved ingredients will show on the spoon). Stir often. If too thick, add more milk until you get the consistency you want.
*you can substitute milk alternatives, but your hot chocolate won't be as thick