Dates and a bit of honey are used in place of refined sugar in this recipe, making these a healthier choice when you still want something sweet.
Soak dates in warm water until softened, then add to food processor along with remaining wet ingredients.
Once batter is blended, spread mixture into a greased or parchment lined baking pan and smooth top. Bake until golden and delicious!
|Coconut & Chocolate Chip Blondies || || |
Author: Marla Hingley
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup GFC Flour Blend for Baking
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Soften dates in a bowl with very warm water, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk together the flours, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor add soaked dates, oil, eggs, honey and vanilla. Process until smooth. Add the flour mixture and pulse until combined.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl and stir in chocolate chips. Spread batter into a greased 8x8" baking pan and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.