These festive morsels are tender and light.
Cheese & Spinach Puffs
- 1 1/2 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 small onion minced
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 Tbsp butter or margarine melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 package GF Yankee Cornbread Mix
- Cook the spinach and onion together in a saucepan or microwave in a glass bowl for 5 minutes. Drain extra liquid. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, both cheeses, mayonnaise, butter, and garlic powder. Fold in the cornbread mix and stir until completely moistened.
- Combine the egg and spinach mixtures and chill 1-2 hours.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Serve hot.